Public Sector IR35 and the Apprenticeship Levy: panic, penalty or progress? National Conference
Date: 09 February 2017
Location: etc.venues Prospero House, 241 Borough High Street, London, SE1 1GA
2017 sees the introduction of some of the biggest changes to affect the recruitment and contracting sector in recent years. As a result, the Association of Recruitment Consultancies (ARC), is hosting a full day conference to bring together keynote speakers and panels and recruitment law experts to explore the challenges and opportunities facing hirers and recruitment agencies from the introduction of the Apprenticeship Levy and Public Sector IR35.
The Apprenticeship Levy is part of the government’s drive to train three million new apprentices by 2020 and to address the decreased focus on employee training outside the work place. There is no doubt that the levy will have an impact but how will it affect both those wanting to train as apprentices and the labour supply market?
Public sector IR35 rules heralds a new era, with agencies and hirers set to meet the tax liabilities of their contractors. How will this affect flexibility in the UK workforce and how will the proposed HMRC online tool work?
Draft programme (timings may be subject to change)
- 08.45 to 09.30 Registration, breakfast, networking and exhibition viewing
- 09.30 to 09.45 Welcome and introductions– Adrian Marlowe, chairman of ARC
- 09.45 to 10.45 Public Sector IR35 rules session 1 – Lawspeed
- 10.45 to 11.15 Break and exhibition viewing
- 11.15 to 11.45 Public Sector IR35 rules session 2 – Lawspeed
- 11.45 to 12.15 ARC response to consultation – Adrian Marlowe
- 12.15 to 12.45 IR35 panel discussion*
- 12.45 to 13.45 Lunch break and exhibition viewing
- 13.45 to 14.00 Apprenticeship Levy introduction – Adrian Marlowe
- 14.00 to 14.30 John Deaville, Development Director, Key Training
- 14.30 to 15.00 Mark Bull, Chief Executive, Randstad UK
- 15.00 to 15.30 Neil Withey, Training & Development Divisional Director EEF
- 15.30 to 16.00 Break and exhibition viewing
- 16.00 to 16.20 ARC response to consultation – Adrian Marlowe
- 16.20 to 16.50 Apprenticeship Levy panel discussion and Q&A**
- 16.50 to 17.00 Closing remarks – Adrian Marlowe
*IR35 panel with Colin Morley, Professional Services Director, Harvey Nash, Kieran Rossiter, CFO, Morgan McKinley, Mike Innes, Regional Director TRS Staffing
**Apprenticeship panel with Mark Bull (Randstad), Neil Withey (EEF), John Deaville (Key Training)
Who should attend?
Aimed at CEOs, MDs, Finance and HR directors and other senior staff, by the end of the day you will have:
- achieved a real and practical understanding of the Apprenticeship Levy and Public Sector IR35, and the general agency tax impact.
- become informed about the challenges and opportunities that the changes will have on your business.
- gained insight and knowledge from legal experts Lawspeed.
- had the opportunity to network with colleagues.
If you are looking for a hotel the night before the conference or on the Thursday evening, please visit https://www.hotelmap.com/map/pro/MA48D
The full conference rate if £350+VAT and includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments. Members of ARC however pay just £280+VAT, a discount of 20%.
How to book
All bookings are subject to our booking-terms.
Entry is strictly by prior registration only, on a first-come first served basis, with payment in advance.
Please call us on 01273 777997 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to you joining us in February.