Clarification for education recruiters on test and trace
The DFE has now provided clarity on the process to be followed to allow a supply teacher or other supplied education professional to claim a Test and Trace Support Payment (self-isolation support payment in Wales) from their Local Authority, where advised to isolate by a school rather that the official track and trace system.
The DFE has advised that where individuals have been asked to self-isolate by the school they are currently working in, the school should provide the individual’s personal details to NHS Test and Trace who will provide the individual with an NHS Test and Trace Account ID, which will allow them to apply for a Test and Trace Support Payment from their Local Authority. To support this, the Department for Health and Social Care has launched the Self-Isolation Service Hub (020 3743 6715), a phone line open 7 days a week, 8am to 8pm, allowing a school to provide contact details of those individuals who have been asked to self-isolate.
The process is as follows:
- The school learns of a positive test for an individual within the school
- A staff member at the school should speak with the person(s) who has received a positive test and note their NHS Test and Trace Account Number
- The school determines which staff should self-isolate and inform the individuals
- The school should collate the contact details of these individuals
- A staff member at the school contacts the self-isolation hub on 020 3743 6715 and provide the hub with
- The NHS Test and Trace Account ID of the individual who has tested positive for COVID-19
- The contact details of the individuals who have been asked to self-isolate
- NHS Test and Trace will then contact the individuals to formally advise them of their need to self-isolate and provide them with an NHS Test and Trace Account ID
- Individuals who are not able to work from home and who are not being paid may claim for a self-isolation payment through their local authority.
ARC welcomes the clarity now provided, with the information helpful for recruiters so that delays in achieving payments can be minimised should such a situation arise.